Board Meeting May 7 & 12 at 5:30 p.m
The City Office will be closed April 29 for Confederate Flag Day
Utility Department Job Available
OPENING DATE: April 17, 2019
CLOSING DATE: May 3, 2019
The City of Holly Springs Utility Department is accepting applications to fill the position of Electric
JOB TILE: Electric Serviceman
DUTIES: -Installs, maintains, and removes electric overhead and underground conductors and
-Installs, repairs, and maintains outdoor lights, traffic signals, and streetlights.
-Trains and directs assigned personnel in proper procedures, standards, and work
-Locates and repairs electric system failures.
-Constructs and maintains electric substations and associated equipment and devices.
-Performs substation and system switching, as required.
-Follows all applicable construction practices, rules, procedures and standards in
performing assigned tasks.
-Ensures that all safety procedures are followed when working on energized conductors
-Determines the equipment, tools, materials, and crew complement needed to complete
-Reads blueprints, work orders, and sketches.
-Receives daily work assignments.
-Directs staff responsible for installation and maintenance of circuit breakers,
transformers, meters, capacitors, and other electrical equipment and devices.
-Climb poles and structures, as required.
-Reports irregularities found in the electric system.
-All specifications not listed to reflect all duties performed within the job.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) plus three (3) years
journeyman-level experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of electric
distribution systems, and an approved lineman apprenticeship program or combination of
education, training, and experience equivalent to completion of an approved lineman
apprenticeship program. Knowledge of construction materials, practices and techniques.
Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications. Knowledge of safety
requirements, procedures, and practices. Effective communication (oral and written),
interpersonal, conflict resolution, analytic, administrative, and public relations skills.
Commitment to safety in all aspects of the job. Ability to perform work at heights from
structures, poles, or in aerial equipment. Valid Mississippi Class A Commercial Driver’s
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed primarily outside under varying conditions. Physical stamina to
perform strenuous tasks is required. Mobility to and from various work areas and
external facilities is required. Physical activities include sitting, walking on varying
terrains, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, standing, pushing, pulling, stooping,
heavy lifting, climbing ladders and trees, and working at heights in trees or bucket trucks.
Work is performed in close proximity to electrical circuits. The noise level varies when
working outside or external facilities. Effective vision (near or far). Talking and hearing
are necessary in communicating with others.
Applications will be accepted until May 3, 2019. Employment applications are available at the Human Resources
Department, 1180 Highway 311 North, Holly Springs, MS 38635 and online at www.hollyspringsmsus.com. Please
mail applications and resumes to:
City of Holly Springs Human Resources Department
1180 Highway 311 North
Holly Springs, MS 38635
THE CITY OF HOLLY SPRINGS UTILITY DEPARTMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Police Department Job Available
Municipal Court Clerk
The City of Holly Springs is accepting applications to fill the position of Part-Time Municipal Court
The purpose of this position is to perform a wide variety of clerical, courtroom and administrative support
duties for the Municipal Court.
• Provides quality customer service by greeting internal and external customers, answering phones,
responding to inquiries, and providing general information.
• Responsible for communicating accurate and timely information regarding court procedures, case
records, dispositions, fines and costs in accordance based upon Mississippi statutes, rules and
• Prepares court dockets for preliminary hearing trials, including summons, notices and
• Prepares letter, notices and correspondences for incoming mail and new citations entered;
deferred disposition, driving safety courses.
• Issue warrants and contempt warrants.
• Calculates, collect and processes fines, fees and court costs.
• Balance cash drawer on a daily basis.
• Prepare bank deposits daily.
• Completes electronic document imports, scans traffic, criminal affidavits, and domestic violence
cases into computer system.
• Schedules court trials, initial arraignments, hearings, and special settings.
• Process tickets to appropriate entity at State Offices.
• Advises the public of municipal court policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Assists complainants, defendants, and attorneys.
• Maintains confidentiality with regards to all court files.
• High school diploma or GED required, plus one (1) year of general clerical or business
• Completion of twenty (20) semester hours of college or an Associate Degree may substitute for
one (1) year of the required experience.
• Two (2) years of responsible experience in administrative/office support.
• Knowledge of court procedures and terminology.
• Data entry skills.
• Knowledge of computerized software, including word processing and spreadsheets.
• Applicant must be able to pass a Criminal background check.
• Prior court and/or legal experience preferred.
Employment applications are available at our office, 1180 Highway 311 N, Holly Springs, MS 38635 or
at www.hollyspringsmsus.com. Applicants should bring or mail applications to: Yolanda Carter, Human
Resources Director, 1180 Highway 311 N, Holly Springs, MS 38635 by May 2, 2019.
THE CITY OF HOLLY SPRINGS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Sanitation Will Pick Up At Its Regular Schedule
Jobs Available At Census Click On The Link To Apply For A Job